2016 Hyundai Sonata
The future is here. And once again, it's shaping up nicely. Each generation of the Hyundai Sonata has made a statement of premium comfort and driving confidence in the mid-sized sedan segment. The modern lines of the 2015 Sonata reveal the same unprecedented combination of style, safety and ergonomic features that garnered worldwide acclaim when a reimagined Sonata launched four years ago. Now, as before, its exterior design displays a new level of polish and sophistication. Inside, the cabin is intuitively redesigned - with more technology and safety features throughout the lineup than ever before. Simply put, the all-new Sonata is a proud reply to the question, "What will Hyundai think of next?"
- Driver Knee Airbag: The 2015 Sonata features seven standard airbags, including a driver knee airbag for added driver protection.
- Lane Change Assist: Working in conjunction with the available Blind Spot Detection System to help reduce stress and improve safety when changing lanes, Lane Change Assist measures the closing speed of traffic approaching in adjacent lanes at a high rate of speed to help determine if a lane change is safe.
- Lane Departure warning System: Drift outside your lane without signaling and this available system is designed to inform you wth an audiable and visual cue.
- High Beam Assist: A front camera continuously monitors traffic situations to turn high beams on or off based on the detection of on-coming traffic.
- Blind Spot Detection With Rear Cross-Traffic Alert: This available radar-based system helps detect when a vehicle is in the driver's blind spot and provides both an audible and a visual alert to help keep you aware as you move down the road. When reverse gear is selected, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert helps identify and warn the driver of vehicles approaching from the side even before they come into view of the standard rearview camera.
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Forward Collision Warning: Using a forward-sensing camera, this avaiable feature monitors your closing speed to the vehicle ahead to warn the driver of a potential collision. If an imminent collision is detected, an auditory alarm is used to alert the driver.
- HID Headlights: Standard LED daytime running lights and available HID headlights not only look great, but improve visibility and consume less power.
- Sport Styling, Coming Summer 2014: Add a touch of sport to the sophisticated design of the Sonata with the unique Sport model.. The design emboldens the front grille and features side chrome molding on all Sport trim levels, with the choice between standard 17" alloy and dual exhaust (Sport and Sport Tech models) or 18" alloy and quad exhausts (Sport 2.0T and Sport 2.0T Ultimate models).
- Standard Alloys: The height of premium style, from the ground up. Stunning 16" alloy wheels round out the distinctive, sleek presence of the Sonata. If your heart desires, go bigger with available 17" or 18" alloy wheels (17" alloy wheels shown).
- LED Taillights: Not only stylish, the available three-dimensional LED taillighgs also increase nighttime visibility.
- Smart Trunk: This available feature makes loading and unloading your Sonata more convenient. The hands-free smart trunk unlocks automatically when it senses that the Proximity Key is within 3ft of the vehicle for more than three seconds.
- 2.0L Turbo GDI 4-Cylinder Engine: 245 HP & 260 LB-FT Torque
- 2.4L GDI 4-Cylinder Engine: 185 HP & 178 LB-FT Torque: The 2015 Sonata sports a powerful 2.4L Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) 4-cylinder engine, mated to a smooth shifting 6-speed automatic transmission that provides a superior balance of performance and fuel economy. The Sonata maintains a remarkably low combined fuel economy of 8.4L/100km.
- Improved NVH: Noise levels whether you're idle, accelerating or driving have been reduced. The rear suspension system has improved from a single to a dual design reducing vibration levels. Coupled with increased bushing size and soundproof materials, the Sonata works to keep outside noise outside.
- Redesigned Suspension: The suspension has been geometrically tweaked for improved steering response, handling and vehicle stability, which makes for better comfort on smooth or rough roads.
- High Strength Tensile Steel: Through a 152% increase in the use of High Strength Steel over the 2014 Sonata, the 2015 Sonata has a robust body structure that provides a 41% improvement in body rigidity over the previous Sonata for improved driving dynamics.